of 1999, 2002 and 2005
National Outstanding Community Service Awards
VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS POST 3646
Meeting: June 15, 2006 - 1900 hours
Meeting opened by Commander Dale Smith
Attendance: 16 members
Roll call of officers:
Opening Prayer by Chaplain Main
Minutes of last meeting were unavailable.
2. Following Cmdr Smith's explanation that in the past our post has also sponsored a hole at the Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament (6 Aug 2006) because of our close working relationship with the chamber, Comrade Printz made a motion that we sponsor a hole for $25.00. 2nd by Comrade Russ Sandstrom. - Approved
3. Cmdr Smith reported on the VFW Hall liability insurance situation, current premiums, and added amount required to cover (VFW) Dept ofIdaho, as well as National under our policy. (Senior Vice) Gary (Ellis) had obtained a package from National VFW with a quote of$918.00 which includes the added requirement. Following a short discussion of the merits of continuing to support our local agency vs. the cost, a motion was made by Comrade Morton to go with the National VFW quote. 2nd by Comrade Earl Gardner. - Approved
4. Cmdr Smith briefed the post on the Homecoming that will be held for the our new State Commander (Gary Ellis) and how the costs have been handled. Comrade Holloway made a motion that we approve $500.00 to help with this expense. 2nd by Comrade Darrell Main. - Approved. Cmdr Smith elaborated that if any of the money was not needed, it would be returned to the post.
5. Cmdr Smith reported that next year was a special year for Dept of Idaho VFW. It was the 75th anniversary, and that a special hat and commemorative coin were avaHable in limited supply for $5.00 each. Order from Comrade QM Don Holloway, and he would call, reserve, then pick up the order from Boise.
6. Cmdr Smith briefed the 4th of July parade. If the post is asked to provide the honor guard, we would need 3 individuals. Training for the honor guard will take place in the Hall at 10:00 AM whether we are asked, or not. Also need people to work the booth at the City Park for the 4th of July, and people to set up on the 3rd
7. Comrade QM Holloway briefed that there had been a request to order from the catalog, so if any members had items they were interested in, now would be a good time to order because the shipping costs would be spread out.
National Home Remembered by Chaplain Main
Good of the Order I Service Officer report:
Installation of Officers:
Closing prayer by Chaplain Main
Meeting closed by Commander Smith - 1939 hours
Submitted by Gary Nelson, Acting Adjutant, Post 3646
|Website Designed and Maintained by K.C. Duerig
Send comments or questions to the Webmaster
Copyright © 2006 VFW Post 3646,Glenns Ferry, ID. All Rights Reserved.